Teachers and Staff chose 3 words to describe Lackland Elementary School and generated this wordle.
Principal: Terry Leija
Assistant Principal: Amber Greeness
PK-2 Grade Counselor: Mike Flores
3-6 Grade Counselor: Jennifer Dominguez
Principal's Secretary: Kris Weese
Campus Secretary: Michelle Arteaga
Nurse: Marcelle Conte
Nurse: Camille Morales
Registrar: Stevelyn Johnson
Eagle Pride Cheer
Eagle pride...Starts inside
Eagle pride...Shows outside
Eagle pride...Side by side
Lackland Eagles Soar With Pride
- Our campus is located on Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.
- Our students are mostly children of military personnel who live in base housing in order to attend our school.
- We have approximately 700 students from pre-kindergarten students through fifth grade.
- We are passionate about this school and its students.
- We want our students to be well educated, thoughtful, considerate, caring human beings.
- All students are expected to meet and maintain the highest academic and behavioral standards.
- We believe that all of our students can meet these standards given time, nurturing and constant support.
- If you are new to Lackland, we welcome you and look forward to working with you and your child.
The beginnings of the Lackland ISD are closely connected to those of Lackland Air Force Base. The "base" was established on June 26, 1942, after the War Department separated part of Kelly Field and named it the San Antonio Aviation Cadet Center (SAACC). In 1947, Lackland Air Force Base was created and was named for Brigadier General Frank D. Lackland, former Kelly Field Commander.
Wanting to provide on-site education for the children of the military personnel, Lackland AFB officials petitioned the Health, Education, and Welfare Department in 1951 for school building funds. The Texas Education Agency (TEA) was also petitioned in order to establish an accredited school district. In 1953, TEA and the office of the Bexar County Judge approved the establishment of the Lackland ISD.
The Lackland ISD opened its doors to students in grades 1-6 on September 8, 1953.
Important Reminders for Parents
Incoming Telephone Calls
Student Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Parents are asked to please not park along the curb or in the PreK/K drop-off circle. Please use the school parking lot or the commissary parking lot if you would like to walk your child in or pick them up.
Messages From The Nurses