Easing First Day Fears
Here are a few pointers on how to ease first day fears you or your child may be experiencing:
- Try to act confident yourself
- Talk to your child about when you went to school
- Make sure your child knows that every child goes to school
- Establish and discuss a morning routine (For example: You’re going to wake up, eat breakfast, etc…)
- Give encouraging words such as: “It’s your job to go to school”, “Mommy and daddy go to work”, etc.
- Say a swift and happy good bye, don’t linger!! Your child is in great hands!
IF YOUR CHILD IS HAVING AN ESPECIALLY HARD TIME DURING THE DAY, SOMEONE FROM THE SCHOOL WILL CONTACT YOU!
Your PreK Team
- We will act and talk in ways that allow everyone to feel safe and respected.
- We will treat others the way we want them to treat us.
- If we see something that is hurtful or dangerous, we will tell an adult immediately.
- We will act and talk in ways that allow everyone to learn.
- We come to school on time and do our best because we believe school is important.
What's Going On
Monday - Red
Tuesday - Black
Wednesday - Yellow
Thursday - Brown
Friday - Blue
Monday - Purple
Tuesday - Orange
Wednesday - White
Thursday - Green
Friday - Pink/Gray
Themes for First Semester
Colors & Shapes
Themes for Second Semester
Plants and Flowers
The shapes that your child will be introduced to are: